Tatu Table Lamp
The tatu, or armadillo, is a friendly mammal with a shell on its back that protects it when it rolls up into a ball. On a transoceanic flight, while reading about Argentinean wildlife and contemplating how the light above his seat did not disturb his sleeping wife next to him, Andr¨¦ Ricard came up with this lamp that became a pop-art icon in Europe.
Tatu takes us back to carefree days, when consumer goods came to European middle classes and their children boldly started a huge aesthetic revolution in which everything was contorted, from Andy Warhol to The Beatles to Mary Quant. Everything could be expressed differently. Like a compact flexo, Tatu's mechanical body was conceived in three sections that can rotate independently to adapt its use for a shelf, on a desk, on a bedside table and even as a wall lamp (fittings included).
- Tatu Collection
- Designed in 1972
- NYCxDesign Award Finalist 2022
- Rotatable structure
- Applications: table or wall lamp
- Adjustable focal length from 30 degree to 50 degree
- Adjustable light intensity 0% to 100%
- Dimmer and switch incorporated into the luminaire
- Dimmer included
- UL Listed
- Dry Rated: Suitable for indoor use
- Available in S&C White or Red finish
Care Instructions:Clean with a smooth cloth. Do not use ammonia, solvents or abrasive cleaning products.